[08.) PAPERCRAFT OBJECTS: FINAL REVISION]

 For the paper craft object assignment I wanted to create something I knew was truly meaningful and dear to me. I decided to recreate and alter a stuff animal my grandmother gave me. I never met her but I know that she would have cared and loved me. She was an artist for fun and feel that she lives on through me sometimes. This bear is more than just a bear but a reminder throughout my childhood that I wasn’t alone. I was bullied a lot starting from preschool and always hated life. Whenever I cried myself to sleep I knew that she would be there to comfort me. Choosing to create this bear was a perfect idea.


I spent a good amount of time creating the 3D model for the bear. I wanted to add a heart to further emphasis the idea of Love and how it connects to the bear. 

3D Model:

 
Real Stuffed Polar Bear (it’s 18 years old so its a bit dirty looking). 

Next was creating the many layouts to laser cut, glue and fold. Also making sure every line was in the correct layer. I also received the feedback to shrink my object down which helped a lot with time and less consumption of paper.


The glue and folded final product + Renders:




Overall, I think my model came out great and my only critique is that I couldn’t get my hands on red card stock for the because there was none left. I tried my best to add more details without cluttering its look.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog