[02.) MESH MASHUP: CONCEPT GENERATION]

 

Hello! These were my mashup ideas for project 2. I tried my best to be creative This project was based around remix culture which is all about combining existing works to create something new and different. I will state that I feel some of my mashups are definitely Different. I believe that remix culture allows people to be creative together and opens up a new pathway for people who are just beginning their creative future. Here are my 10 mashup creations:


Dwayne Chan: This a mashup of Dwayne Johnson’s (The Rock) head combined with a cute anime girl body. I wanted to create a contrast in Dwayne’s hard exterior with something that is typically viewed as cute or soft. Also who doesn’t love The Rock? 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4607286 (The Body)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5162278 (The Rock’s Head)




A Fruitful World: My idea for this mashup was to replicate a globe but with the stand holding a different circular object and I decided to go with a apple. I choose these objects because they create a a feeling of growth. It means that the world is lively and can grow into many different things.




Endless Thirst: My goal with this mashup was to create something that subtly feels wrong. It is not normal to eat in a teacup and drink with a fork … or maybe it is. I was inspired by the old “Chunky” soup ads that argue if you eat their soup with a fork or spoon.






Paris Wasn’t Built In A Day:  I wanted to combine two metal objects together and I started thinking what if the Eiffel Tower became a robot that built itself! So I made the top of the Eiffel town a robotic claw instead a pointed metal frame.





Blooming Minds: This is a mashup of a head and some pretty flowers. The meaning behind this remix is to represent a growing mind that is capable of many things.


 


Make A Splash: This is a remix of a dolphin splashing of a hand. The idea was to make the hand appear as sand. 





A Boney Plant: This is another attempt at a remix based on juxtaposition.  It is a pot that is growing a dead fish which is very unusual. I choose a dead fish to contrast with a pot thats purpose is to hold something that is growing.





Tomato Boxing: I wanted to make the boxing glove look like a tomato. Boxing is a very tough sport and it contrasts with a squishy tomato.





Snow Cone: It is an ice cream cone but with a snowboarder and scenery!





Carrot Butterfly: This is a mashup of a carrot and a butterfly. I thought that a carrot and its leaves kind of resemble the body of a butterfly, prompting me to combine the two.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog