[03.) MESH MASHUP: SELECTION AND REFINEMENT]

For this weeks assignment, the class was tasked with selecting one of their mashups and refining it using Mesh Mixer. To help decide what remix to choose, we did peer to peer reviews in a “speed dating” fashion. After hearing my peers critics and careful consideration I decided to revamp my “Carrot Fly” mashup. I had a lot of fun recreating this mashup and I believe it turned out well.

Tinkercad Concept Design:

During the peer critics, some thoughtful suggestions were brought up in how I can improve this model. The main comments I took into consideration was about the size and detail of the wings. I searched throughout thingiverse to find a pair of more detailed wing that I could use. Doing this enhanced my mashup and made ”Carrot Fly” more cohesive. Changing up the wings was a very helpful suggestion and definitely improved the overall look of my object. One reason I chose to refine the “carrot fly” design is because in each of my pairings this model was pointed out as the best. It was seen “very cute” and easy to fancy up. These comments drove me closer to choosing this model and I am very pleased that I did.  

Before I started recreating “Carrot Fly” in mesh maker, I wanted to draw out my design and create more details.
 

Finally, I took my design into Mesh Maker and created the revamped “Carrot Fly”.




How does “Carrot Fly” relate to remix culture?

“Carrot Fly” is a mashup created in relation to read/write culture. This object is a mashup because it is a combination of to separate ideas to create one. “Carrot Fly” combines a carrot and a butterfly, two things that are different on their own but come together to create something new. My object is also an example of remixing and read/write culture because it was made using models shared by other creative people. 


I took 3D objects made by others and altered them into a new model therefore, creating “Carrot Fly”. This method actively promotes read/write culture due to it encouraging and using remix qualities. 

These are the objects from Thingiverse that I used too create my mashup:

                                                  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4417883

                                                  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2843948
                                                   https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:264448





Comments

Popular posts from this blog